Sunday, April 17, 2011

Esthers Beautification Process (For the King)

Esther/Hadassah (her Hebrew name), a beautiful Jewish woman, favored by the King to be appointed his wife. I believe her purity (being a virgin) and her innocence of a girl made her to be such a beautiful sight.

Even though she was beautiful, Esther went through a beautification process before the King rested his upon, not just her flesh, but her soul.

Esther 2:8-14

 8So it came about when the command and decree of the king were heard and (A)many young ladies were gathered to the citadel of Susa into the custody of (B)Hegai, that Esther was taken to the king's palace into the custody of Hegai, who was in charge of the women.
 9Now the young lady pleased him and found favor with him. So he quickly provided her with her (C)cosmetics and food, gave her seven choice maids from the king's palace and transferred her and her maids to the best place in the harem.
 10(D)Esther did not make known her people or her kindred, for Mordecai had instructed her that she should not make them known.
 11Every day Mordecai walked back and forth in front of the court of the harem to learn how Esther was and how she fared.
 12Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women--for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women--
 13the young lady would go in to the king in this way: anything that she desired was given her to take with her from the harem to the king's palace.
 14In the evening she would go in and in the morning she would return to the second harem, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the concubines. She would not again go in to the king unless the king delighted in her and she was summoned by name.

In the above passage, we see that Esther was given favor, her beauty may have been beyond stunning!? I would probably say breath taking. Possibly a reflection of God's Glory?

Esther was given the best treatment and the best handmaidens to assist her during this process. She received all types of makeup products, delicious foods, beautiful clothing and fragrances to prepare her for meeting the King. But as you have read, it took time. An entire year! I must say, Esther must've been a patient woman. Today, not many young ladies want to wait for their King, they don't want to go through the process that God has set aside for them to prepare to be Woman of God and the Queen she needs to be for the King of her life. Instead, we jump on the first good looking man that "seems" to fit what we want and possibly what we think we need.

BUT, back to Esther. I believe this process of the 12 months of the myrrh and the spices were not to only beautify the young women, but to groom them into becoming a lady, a Queen. Before ever entering the palace, some of these ladies may have never had the chance to be all dolled up. Therefore I believe it was a training process for the young women to learn how to beautify their bodies to the Kings liking.

With that said, I believe it's important as a young lady I learn how to properly groom my body image and not just my flesh, but my spirit, mind and soul. LADIES, don't have a beautiful outer layer/countenance, but your spirit man is "jacked up!" That is just a contradiction of who you are and can be deceiving to the man who tries to pursue you.

So here are a few tips and ideas of some of the things I do. I guess you can call it my "Esther Process."

The Esther Process: My Body

1. I like to chose a day out of the week where I have a lot of free time, preferably mornings, where I can do a little self pampering. Instead of going out, enjoy the comfort of your home and learn how to take care of your self.

2. Generally on this day, Fridays, I like to mask for a few minutes. It helps open up my pores and gives my facial skin a deep cleansing. Then I put on a creme and I massage it in with upward motions.

3. Mani's and Pedi's: I love doing my feet! It's relaxing to soak your feet. I grew up watching my grandmother and mother do it. This may seem old folkish, but it's relaxing. I would suggest going to the dollar store or Wal Mart and by a little pedi kit, grab a bowl, add hot water, and a towel. If you have to clip your toe nails, remove old polish, scrap around the nail and DIP them in the HOT WATER! Another small tip, add bleach and your favorite body wash/soap. After that process is done, massage your feet with lotion and put on a clean pair of socks OR paint your toe nails. I use the same process for the nails as well; however, I don't enjoy doing my nails as much I do my feet.

4. Groom your hair. This is the part I struggle with the most because I don't know how to do my hair. SO for me I just take the time out to grease my hair, brush and comb through it, and then I style it. However, make sure you take care of your hair. For me I have natural virgin hair. Most times I get my hair done every 2 weeks: wash, condition, press and curl. But I will suggest learning to take care of your hair from wash to the style, which is my goal for this year 2011.

5. Of course you must SHOWER!!! Most times before I shower I take the time to shave, then I enjoy about a 10 to 15 min shower. Sometimes longer because I enjoy practicing my vocals while in the shower. Afterwards I like to lotion/massage my body with this Vitamin E cream or a lotion that has Shea butter in it. I would say use a lotion that will keep your skin from being dry, keeps your skin healthy and looking youthful. Deodorize, not one likes to be funky. And then I spray on a scent thats suiting for the events of the day. It never hurts to have more than one scent, which I am learning myself. I keep at the most 3: flirty, everyday wear, &&& a just because scent (specialty choice).

6. WAX EYEBROWS! I know everyone don't wax; however, make sure your eyebrows are clean, especially if you're going on a date. Lately, I've been trying to groom my eyesbrows with the little razors to get rid of stray hairs until my next wax appointment. I must say, it has been a challenge and I believe my eyebrows are growing faster now. Generally, I get my eyebrows done maybe twice a month. I like them thick and long because it suits my face, and Kim says "I have sexy eyebrow" So make sure your eyebrows are suiting for your image.

7. Drink plenty of water, and if you have to, Cranberry Juice. Water helps purify you along with Cranberry juice. For me, this is a new habit I am working; however, this process must be done daily to keep your body clean and to prevent health issues.

8. Minimize junk food and eating out. This is another area I am growing in, not only to eat healthy, but to save money.

9. Exercise. I know the new thing is Zumba, some prefer yoga, and others the treadmill. But whatever it may be, if its running or dancing, I encourage you to make it a daily or weekly habit. I like to run and sing, therefore, those are my workouts. And I will be adding hula hooping to my workout plan as well.

10. Relax, take naps, and get an adequate amount of sleep at night.

11. TEETH! Almost forgot it! Please keep your breath fresh! Don't forget to floss and BRUSH YOUR TONGUE!

Those are some of the things I do for my flesh, but what about for my spirit man?

The Esther Process: Spirit, Mind & Soul

1. Repent! Free your mind from what Satan is trying to burden and condemn you with.

2. Forgive! Life is to beautiful to hold grudges. It only causes stress and stress causes PIMPLE! (YUCK!)

3. Pray without ceasing! Stay in a mode of prayer. Always be mindful of what God is doing for you!

4. Remain grateful!

5. Be humble! Pride will tear you down and cause your arrogance to be ugly!

6. Study your word daily! Even if it's only for 10 minutes, get your word. I will admit, for it's hard, but we
will get there.

7. Surround yourself with God-Fearing people. I know this to be evident, that people can corrupt your spirit, therefore, choose your friends carefully.

8. Get under a good ministry/leadership.

9 Get involved with ministry.

10. SMILE

11. Let your light shine, so that the Glory of the Lord can be seen on your life.

12. Don't overload your schedule that you can't take the time out to take care of yourself.

13. If not Tues./Wed. night bible study or Thurs./Fri. night prayer, PLEASE make it to church on Sunday! Fellowship with God's people is important. There you can gather renewed  strength for the week by hearing the songs, the word of the Lord, and the Mighty move of GOD!

14. Be holy, be like your Father! We were made in HIS image, so lets not corrupt what HE's given us! Keep your temple pure and pleasing!

15. Refrain from sinning! Obey Gods word! Adhere to HIS will!

16. Be who you are in Christ! Don't put on faces, it will only hinder you and hold you back. Be comfortable with whom God has created you to be.

17.  KEEP GOD FIRST

So there you have it, my version of The Esther Process! Beauty at its finest! Delight yourself in the Lord! His glory will rest and fall on you, causing you to gain favor and beauty! However, this process is not just for 12 months! We must continue to grow and learn how to take care of ourselves, and our relationship with Christ!

Finally I say, BE BEAUTIFUL IN THE LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I love this. I am SO proud of you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was from Mechelle, by the way..

    ReplyDelete